What is SEO, and how can it help Wellington businesses?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimisation, is the process of growing traffic to your website by increasing your visibility in Google or other search engines. The two main activities you can do to increase your leads or sales is increase the quantity of users that come to your website, and improve the proportion of visitors that turn into a lead or sale. By improving your SEO, you can not only increase your total quantity of users that visit your website, but also better target visitors that have the most potential to turn into a lead or sale, such as a local Wellingtonian.
How do we help Wellington businesses with SEO?
We help Wellington businesses get found online with SEO. We work with Wellington businesses to:
- Audit their current SEO performance.
- Identify opportunities to increase their high-value traffic.
- Design and implement an SEO strategy custom suited to their business
- Measure and iterate upon the results.
Contact us today if you would like to know more about how we could help your Wellington business with SEO.
What makes us experts at SEO for Wellington?
Our team has years of experience targeting the Wellington market with SEO, and know what unique strategies and approaches work to effectively deliver results for Wellington businesses. Context and local authority are huge factors when it comes to succeeding at SEO in Wellington, and our team specialises in leveraging those areas for local businesses.
Local SEO for New Zealand Gyms
Flex Fitness is New Zealand’s fastest growing fitness franchise with a focus on consistently providing the most relevant exercise, nutrition and fitness education systems to their members.
Flex Fitness reached out to KiwiSprout to improve the search presence for their gym clubs. Learn how our local SEO strategy increased total views for their gym clubs by 267%
What makes Wellington SEO different?
Knowing that localisation is a major factor for Wellington makes local SEO a high priority when considering SEO for Wellington businesses. Local SEO is the process of improving your SEO for a local audience, which in this case would mean improving the visibility of your business online to people in Wellington. With local SEO as a priority for Wellington businesses, this means attention should be put towards a google Google My Business (GMB) listing, getting customer reviews, and showing that you are a local authority on your industry or service online.
SEO for Products
BrandPost has been providing New Zealanders with ink and toner supplies for over 20 years, delivering thousands of orders to Kiwis every day.
After releasing their new website, BrandPost was looking for how they could optimise their website to increase organic traffic through Google, and reached out to KiwiSprout. Learn how we designed a 6-month SEO sprint that increased average monthly traffic by 168%.
How can I target locals in Wellington with SEO?
Local SEO, which is optimising your SEO to improve your visibility for locals, is the key method for targeting locals in Wellington with SEO. Here are some changes to consider when optimising your local SEO:
Google My Business (GMB)
Google My Business, or GMB, is a major factor for Wellington businesses to attract locals. GMB lists your business and information to be displayed on Google Maps, Google’s search results, and other services. For local context searches, such as “cafes near me”, or “Stylists in Wellington”, GMB will typically show a “snack pack” of related business listings at the top of search results like this:
An optimized GMB listing can “jump the queue” in search results, resulting in more high quality local traffic to your website.
To optimize your GMB listing, you should first make sure all your information is correctly filled out; details like your phone number and address should also match what you have on your website.
Next, ask your customers to leave reviews on your GMB listing. Reviews make your business look more reputable, as well as increasing the visibility of your GMB listing and having an overall benefit on your SEO.
One final tip for optimising your GMB listing is to make regular posts on GMB. You have the option to add small updates, news, changes, or events directly onto your GMB listing, which boosts your listing’s visibility.
Is your content geared towards a local audience? The most basic form of localisation is making sure you have “Wellington” mentioned in your homepage’s title and main headings, but to properly target a Wellington audience you should consider making changes like:
- Have your name, address, and phone number (often referred to as NAP) on every page. Typically, this will be shown in the footer of your website, what this does is help to signal that you are a Wellington business to Google. As with before, make sure that your NAP details match on each page, as well as anywhere else they appear on the internet.
- Rewrite your content where applicable to to integrate a local context, such as local businesses you work with, local community groups you support, and landmarks or suburbs where applicable.
Showing that you are a local authority within your industry or service for Wellington is a key component of improving your local SEO. To achieve, consider committing time to activities like:
- Get your name, address, and phone number listed in local directories. As with where we have mentioned your name, address, and phone number before, these details should always be the same across everywhere that they appear on the internet.
- Encourage other high-value Wellington websites to link back to your website.
- Write regular content on your service, industry, or broad topic, such as in a blog.
- Ask for reviews on Google My Business, as well as other review aggregation websites like Yelp or TrustPilot.